Thursday, November 17, 2011

Touch the Future - Introducing the Nido

Our youngest people are our stakeholders! 

Little Earth is currently developing The Nido, a new parent/infant programme, geared towards sustainable parenting practices, based on a culture of respect.

Last month we opened The Nido room at Little Earth, a special place where parents can come for classes and workshops, to learn and to share knowledge and to connect with other parents.  Our philosophy is inspired by the works of Maria Montessori, an Italian educationalist, and guided by research from Joseph Chilton Pearce and Emmi Pikler, pioneers in parent and infant relationships.

Photobucket

The aim of our Nido programme is to tighten the bond between parent and child in their journey of creating a magical childhood, based on respectful relationships and in harmony with nature.

The first 3 years of life is a critical period in a child's life.  The young child is constantly learning, absorbing everything in her environment.  At the Nido we acknowledge that the young child will develop according to nature’s plan in a culture of respect where they can be a free and equal human being.  The Nido classes will explore various topics that deepen the parents’ understanding of their important role as the child’s first teacher.


PhotobucketPhotobucket


This weekend I will be attending the 'Heart Dancing Class for Facilitators',  a course facilitated by Pennie Brownlee.  This course is the first facilitator course in the 'Heart Dance revolution'.  It is a dream  coming true for Pennie who is a well know early childhood educator facilitator in New Zealand. She has worked tirelessly for nearly forty years educating parents and teachers in respectful parent - infant relationships with the aim to grow communities which have the well-being of children central, communities based on respectful partnerships.  I feel privileged to be one of the inaugurate course participants and to be able to spend a whole weekend in the companionship of Pennie and other great people who are passionate about adults - children partnerships. 

For those who would like to know more about the 'Heart Dance Revolution', I recommend Pennie's book "Dance with me in the Heart, the adults guide to great infant-parent partnerships".  You can also read 'The Partnership Dance', one of her many published articles.  Here at Little Earth we are excited about our Nido classes and the prospect of creating a caring compassionate community.  If you want to join us at the Nido or want more information visit our website.

- Anja

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I wish I could visit your beautiful little school. I LOVE this whole concept....there is always a strong focus on love and compassion in our nature classes...you continue to inspire me each and every day Anja. Enjoy the heart dance revolution..I will be dancing with you in spirit. This Saturday I do my first talk on "connecting children with nature" in Vancouver. I am so excited to see so many individuals, educators and organizations working together to make the world a better place... I am full of hope for our little planet. Thank you for all you do Anja, your light is shinning bright, love and peace to you and your family....Marghanita xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Marghanita. I wish I could have been at your presentation. Take care, you are a big part of my inspiration. Arohanui, Love and Peace --- Anja xx

    ReplyDelete

Copyright ©2008 - 2012 eyesonnature. All rights reserved